Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday the 13th gremlins and 30th boobday.





So Friday the 13th came and went, well for those that don't know that means the usual run to Port Dover. A small town on the shore of Lake Erie. This year was the 50th anniversary and the only run this year. I decided to work instead of going but the amount of friends attending and an invite from a big local club was to much to resist. I ditched worked early, ran home to let the dog out and packed up for a nice 2 hour ride to epic good times...I wish! I left right at the beginning of rush hour which wasn't that bad surprisingly but about halfway there my gas tank decided it wanted to be a sprinkler while I'm doin about 120km/h....not good. So straight onto the offramp and off to the shoulder to figure out why my engine is getting a gas shower. needles to say I sat there for a good hour as I dump a full tank of gas whip up a good ol JB Weld patch and wait for it to dry. It's now that I realize my 2 hour trip has already happened and I'm only half way! FUCK IT! I aint goin. I'm just outside my hometown so I decide to visit some friends there instead of turning tail and heading home. Through this bullshit parade the only thing that actually pissed me off was the amount of "bikers" (as I'm sure they call themselves) that pulled up to take a look at what I was doing without asking if I needed anything. A ride to the local hardware store would have been perfect but I'm sure these weekend warriors need help washing their bikes. So tank patched, ride to said hardware store, grab more shit to patch the tank with just to be safe, and off to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile. Wasn't a bad afternoon/night out, good weather but trying to ride a little 250 with a harley front tire as a rear tire on a highway at night...terrifying. As the greybeard that I saw today while trying to find a new tank said..."you took a 250 on the highway?! you're nuts!" I didn't take any pics even though my camera was with me. So tough shit. Not much to see anyway, unless you like the suburbs? Saturday was my 30th birthday and I'll be the first to admit I didn't ride my bike at all. Hell, I spent the whole day with the dog. Talked to the ol lady on the phone (she's outta town) and one of my band-mates about going to a swap next week. Otherwise searched in vain for a replacement tank, went golfing at the worst course I've ever played, ate a dinner that didn't sit right (still suffering), watched half of Get Carter and half of Gangs of New York, and threw ideas of doing a honda chop around in my head. So yeah nothing too exciting. Tomorrow will be spent repainting the sprinkler tank and throwing the sr250 up for sale so I can get "a real bike" as I was told today. So this is what 30's like.....

No comments: